In this release, new features cover design, build and dependencies, emulators and devices, and IntelliJ.
- Compose Preview updates automatically
- Compose Preview lets you customize display device settings
- Layout Inspector highlights recompositions
- Visual Linting for views now runs in the background, checking for likely issues across different form factors
- A Universal Problems Panel has appeared, collecting all possible problems in one place
- Improved synchronization performance with parallel project imports
- Build Analyzer shows impact of downloads on build
- SDK Index warns about obsolete dependencies
- Logcat got completely rewritten
- Launched new App Quality Insights providing crash information directly to Firebase Crashlytics, says AppTractor
- Desktop emulators launched
- The emulators themselves can be resized in experimental mode
- Made miroring of a real device
- Updated IntelliJ platform
You can learn about all the changes from this video.